Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Just a few things...

Let me start off by saying how happy I am that Barack Obama was sworn in today. It has been my hope that he would become President for about 2 years now, and to see my dream fulfilled is an amazing feeling. For the first time since I have been politically active, my guy won! It is a rush. But lets talk about what else happened today.


Portland Mayor, Sam Adams admitted an affair with an 18 year old intern named Beau Breedlove. When rumors of the affair came up 2 years ago, the Mayor (then Commissioner) called the attacks a "homophobic slur". Well it turns out that the slurs were in fact the truth. Anyone wondering why he came public yesterday. Because he knew the media would be busy covering the inauguration. Smart move. I still hope he gets punished electorally.

He should understand that LGBT people face enough trouble getting elected without scandal. To some people, just being LGBT is scandal enough. His error in judgement worries me. That being said, maybe another LGBT candidate can run against him in the primary. We can only hope.


And lets all keep Senator Ted Kennedy in our thoughts and prayers today. He is fighting a tough battle, and we should support him for all the tough battles he has fought in the past on behalf of the LGBT community. Every homo in America is in his debt. As a Senator, he has fought for civil equality for over four decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment