Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Oscars!

Here are my picks, like them or not.

Best Picture- Milk. Out of the films I have seen, I think Milk is the best. Of course, I haven't seen Slumdog Millionaire.

Best Actor- Mickey Rourke(The Wrestler). While Sean Penn was great, Mickey Rourke's performance in "The Wrestler" was nothing short of Earth Shattering. He brought that movie (and his career) to life in a way many would have never thought capable by Rourke.

Best Actress-Kate Winslet(The Reader). One of two great performances by Winslet this year. If she were not nominated, I think Streep would have it wrapped up.

Best Director-Gus Van Sant (Milk). This movie was blessed with an awesome director in Gus Van Sant, and this Oscar should be his. It will probably go to Danny Boyle though :(

Supporting Actor- Heath Ledger (Dark Knight). DUH! I'm wondering who will accept the award for him. Maybe Michelle Williams? RIP Heath

Supporting Actress- Marisa Tomei (The Wrestler). She literally bared everything for this role, and I think her charm help create some shine to an otherwise depressing movie.

1 comment:

  1. does the Oscar deserve our time and attention??

    these are the facts

    http://www.film.com/features/story/dark-knight-snub-unforgivable-because/25665649

    ReplyDelete