Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thanks Vermont, and Announcing the 101 Iowa trip

Vermont became the first state in the union to legalize same sex marriage by passing a bill through their state's legislature (and overturning the Republican Governor's veto). This means that there are now 4 states where same sex couples can legally wed. And if you get married in one of these states and live in New York, your rights will also be recognized.
Iowa has no residency requirements for getting married, so if I was a same sex couple in New York, I would fly to Iowa and get hitched.
Speaking of, I am planning a little political action myself in Georgia. I want to bus 101 same sex couples to Iowa to get married so we can come back and sue the state for our marriage rights. While it may not produce the desired result of same sex marriage in the peach state, it may begin a dialogue which will hopefully change some hearts and minds.

If you are a same sex couple in the state of Georgia (or you know one), e-mail me @ choliv3443@hotmail.com
Put "101 same sex marriages" in the subject line, and let me know if you are interested. I am hoping to make the trip sometime in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment