Thursday, March 19, 2009

Its been awhile

So because of my intense Anthropology course, I have been absent for a while. Many big things have happened since I last blogged.

Right now I am watching the shitstorm of AIG on CNN. It looks like there's plenty of dung to go around. Dodd and Geithner both knew about this "bonus loophole", and I would hope that each will be held accountable. I was and still am a supporter of Chris Dodd, but I hope he seriously considers the consequences of what he has done. If behavior like this continues to come from Dodd, I hope he has a strong primary opponent when re-election time comes.
Geithner was not my first choice for Treasury Secretary, and if he doesn't come up with details on recapitalizing the banks, I would hope he would only be Obama's first Treasury. Maybe we could get someone like Paul Volker there.

At least Nancy Pelosi has the right idea. Today the House passed a 90% tax on bailout bonuses. Now that's what I call the power of the purse!




RIP Andrew "Test" Martin. He died too young at age 33. While he was no hall of famer, he was a sports entertainer who sacrificed his body for the entertainment of fans. Too many wrestlers are dropping dead, its nothing new, but I had hoped the cycle would have stopped by now. May this be a lesson to all of the young up and coming wrestlers, take care of your body naturally. Don't depend on steroids and pain pills to get you through the day.

Well thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment